Monday, July 6, 2009

New Troops in Afghanistan


While we celebrate that our troops in the 715th have returned from Afghanistan, I have recently received some new names. These troops are stationed at FOB Lightning. There are about a half dozen and they do have email access sometimes.


Here are messages from two:

I was wondering how I can get adopted please?
My name is SGT Gail S. I've been in the US Army for over 8 years. I'm deployed to FOB Lightning in Afghanistan. I'm the proud mom of a one year old girl and a three year old boy. My husband works and takes care of our little ones, so he doesn't really have much time to write to me. That's okay with me since our babies come first, but it sure would be nice to get mail at least every now and then, so I hope you consider me for your program!

Gail S

Dear Aunt Nancy,
Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful service to the troops. You are an awesome American and I wish there were more like you. I sometimes feel that Americans have forgotten that we are still over here, but knowing there are people like you renews my faith in our country. Thank you for YOUR service and for boosting the morale of all the troops you touch.
Sincerely,
SSG Guy S


_______________________________