Have you heard from a soldier in D Company, 1-181 Infantry? I have not heard from my contact in awhile and am looking to confirm their status in Iraq. Let me know if your troop has replied lately.
Here's one response 2/04/08:
Here's a response I received FROM Delta Company today, Feb. 5th:
Aunt Nancy,
My name is SFC Michael L., Platoon Sergeant.
Let me start by saying thank you for all that you do. I know my soldiers appreciate it. There is a special kind of feeling that comes from knowing that someone you do not even know cares about you.
I would like to assure you that SPC M. has been receiving her mail regularly. I do not know if she has received any mail from the individual that emailed you. The Army postal system is actually very good about getting soldiers their mail and I was wondering if there was, perhaps, an error in the address label.
Again, thank you for all that you do.
Michael L., SFC
Delta Company
1st Battalion, 181st Infantry Regiment
Here's one response 2/04/08:
Here's a response I received FROM Delta Company today, Feb. 5th:
Aunt Nancy,
My name is SFC Michael L., Platoon Sergeant.
Let me start by saying thank you for all that you do. I know my soldiers appreciate it. There is a special kind of feeling that comes from knowing that someone you do not even know cares about you.
I would like to assure you that SPC M. has been receiving her mail regularly. I do not know if she has received any mail from the individual that emailed you. The Army postal system is actually very good about getting soldiers their mail and I was wondering if there was, perhaps, an error in the address label.
Again, thank you for all that you do.
Michael L., SFC
Delta Company
1st Battalion, 181st Infantry Regiment
_______________________________
I have friend from my hometown who is in D Company, 1-181 Infantry. They are doing well and still serving in Iraq. They are expecting to be there another 5-7 months. They are working long hours and not always able to write. Please continue to send support it is very much appreciated.