Friday, December 12, 2008

Goodies Arriving! and THANKS from Dave Shaw & soldiers

Hello Auntie Nan,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for having some folks send things to us!!! We have so much coming in and that wonderful lady that said she sent I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY POUNDS!! please tell her I got them*. And the mail guys were not very happy with me to say the least. But guess what? I too am a mail guy, so they can just deal with it!!! I already dispersed all of the boxes that I got. I hate to get off of here so quickly and send such a short email, but I have to go take a shower and go to bed. Up early and at the missions!!!

Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I just love giving all of these things to my guys. I feel a bit guilty because they all thank me and all I do is pass the goods on that you sent to me!! Seems like I get all the credit for all of your hard work! The bad part is that I know many of the guys won't write. So many literally don't have time or they would much rather call home or write their loved ones as I'm sure you understand. But please know that when I pass out the goods, they get very happy and it's all because of you and the great supporters that you have sending goodies over.

May the Lord bless you for your kindness!!
Your favorite Soldier!!
Dave~

[*note from Nancy: one "regular" helper, Donna, collected 250 pounds of candy!]
-----------

Here's a picture from Cassie and Hannah in junior girl scout troop 4356. They donated 15 stockings to the wounded soldiers.
_______________________________