Sunday, February 3, 2008

D Company, 1-181 Infantry

Have you heard from a soldier in D Company, 1-181 Infantry? I have not heard from my contact in awhile and am looking to confirm their status in Iraq. Let me know if your troop has replied lately.

Here's one response 2/04/08:
"dclow" said...

I have friend from my hometown who is in D Company, 1-181 Infantry. They are doing well and still serving in Iraq. They are expecting to be there another 5-7 months. They are working long hours and not always able to write. Please continue to send support it is very much appreciated.

Here's a response I received FROM Delta Company today, Feb. 5th:
Aunt Nancy,
My name is SFC Michael L., Platoon Sergeant.
Let me start by saying thank you for all that you do. I know my soldiers appreciate it. There is a special kind of feeling that comes from knowing that someone you do not even know cares about you.
I would like to assure you that SPC M. has been receiving her mail regularly. I do not know if she has received any mail from the individual that emailed you. The Army postal system is actually very good about getting soldiers their mail and I was wondering if there was, perhaps, an error in the address label.
Again, thank you for all that you do.

Michael L., SFC
Delta Company
1st Battalion, 181st Infantry Regiment


_______________________________