Monday, October 29, 2007

Welcome - Supporting the Troops Since 2003

In early 2003, my niece, CPT Sara Mann, and her husband, CPT Nate Mann, were serving in Iraq. Sara wrote home about 3 of her troops in the 18th Military Police Brigade who were not receiving much mail. So I started writing them. My wonderful General Motors co-workers started joining in, Well, quickly my "little" project grew! Turtlehut.com in Troy, Michigan, donated a website, I couldn't have done this without them! www.auntnancyusa.com

Little did I know I'd still be doing this 4 1/2 years later, but each year, with the help of over 1500 volunteers, we have sent cheer and support to the troops.

Today I decided to open this Blog so that I could make quicker updates about the troops, especially the deployments and redeployments.

Here are some pics of CPT Sara Mann, and her husband, Blackhawk helicopter pilot, CPT Nate Mann. Both are now living in Washington DC. [11/27/10: Major Nate Mann is now assigned to the US Embassy in Tunisia, with Sara and their daughter.]